You can find the perfect product to suit your need and budget while also giving a thumbs up to local jobs with the wide range of quality, Proudly South African specials on offer this month
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa: From handmade glass art and craft beer to locally manufactured appliances, savvy shoppers can look forward to bargains on a wide range of phenomenal local products this Black Friday.
As the South African economy begins to recover from the impacts of COVID-19 and the July riots, showing support for local businesses and jobs is the right choice, says Proudly South African Chief Marketing Officer, Ms Happy MaKhumalo Ngidi.
“Whether you’re looking for unique and memorable gift ideas ahead of the festive season, or are busy planning your next DIY project, Proudly South African products not only offer outstanding quality but also the benefit of supporting local jobs and livelihoods, making buying local a meaningful purchase,” she notes.
“Additionally, locally manufactured products do not carry added import costs, which in turn means exceptional value in comparison to international brands. It’s a win-win for consumers, businesses and the economy. Living lekker locally puts the power of spending to work for the greatest rewards.”
Some of the unmissable products this Black Friday include:
- Defy solar hybrid appliances: Loadshedding giving you the blues? Defy’s solar hybrid range boasts a locally manufactured, cutting-edge fridge-freezer able to draw on the power of solar panels in addition to the electrical grid, offering significant savings on electricity costs and reducing the impact of power outages. So, if you’re hunting for a deal for upgrading your kitchen, look no further! Learn more here: https://defy.co.za/pages/solar-hybrid
- Hisense appliances: The home of quality appliances and technology, Hisense’s range of locally manufactured televisions, cookers and washing machines are an ideal alternative for Black Friday shoppers looking to save on the big-ticket items, with great deals and incredible value. Buy from the Hisense range here: https://www.rsamade.co.za/
- There and Back luggage: As borders gradually reopen, the time is ripe for travel enthusiasts to set out with trendy new luggage protectors and travel accessories produced by the specialist team at There and Back. Incorporating print designs produced by young up-and-coming SA textile designers, There and Back’s stunning luggage range is a perfect gift option. Take a closer look at their range here: https://www.thereandback.travel/
- Mamelodi Lager: Mamelodi Lager provides a unique tasting journey with an inspired brew that will satisfy any beer enthusiast. Produced with care using traditional methods in a small brewery, this high-quality craft beer offers a well-balanced lager that celebrates the very best in South African flavour. Find them on Instagram at @mamelodilager
- Vuttomi gins: Not to be outdone, Vuttomi Liquid’s premium craft gins are a must-have for sipping in the sun this festive season, as well as a perfect present for any gin enthusiasts. The delicious Vuttomi range features a classic gin, moringa gin, and popular coffee gin, complemented by elegant packaging for sophisticated drinking. Find them on Instgram @vuttomiliquids
- Glass Escapes: Carol Mullany’s delicate, exquisite handmade glass art will add a touch of beauty to any home, whether you are looking to treat yourself or searching for a unique and heartfelt gifting option. From traditional stained glass to fun mosaic pieces and imaginative glass fusions, Glass Escapes has a piece to suit any taste. Explore their website here: https://www.glassescapes.com/
- Black Pebbles Jewellery Designs: Spoil your significant other this December with Black Pebbles’ high-end, customised hand-crafted jewellery including cufflinks, earrings and necklaces. You can even contact Black Pebbles’ talented team to assist in creating your dream wedding ring as the perfect finishing touch for your special occasion. https://black-pebbles-jewellery-designs-pty-ltd.business.site/
- DuviBuddy: South Africa’s original three-way zip company, DuviBuddy’s high-quality duvet covers are a must have, offering unparalleled comfort and convenience. With luxury 300-thread count, pure cotton percale, the DuviBuddy range is light, soft to touch, cool in summer and comfortable in winter – an ideal sleep-friendly solution. Visit their website here: https://duvibuddy.com/
- Olympic Paints: Ready to revitalise your home with a fresh coat of paint this December? Olympic Paints is your perfect DIY partner, offering superior quality paints in a vast range of colours, as well as primers, undercoats, varnishes, putty, waterproofing sealers and industrial cleaners. See their full range here: https://www.olympicpaints.co.za/
- Mara Phones: Mara Phones are characterised by cutting-edge technology, high-quality features and pocket-friendly prices for exceptional value for money. Buy your very own Mara phone here: https://www.rsamade.co.za/
“Proudly South African grown, produced and manufactured goods and services make great gifts for yourself, a loved one and for the country. Our everyday purchasing decisions shape our future, and a purchasing decision made in favour of local means a brighter future for us all,” adds Ngidi.
For a closer look at the wide range of Proudly South African products on offer, visit Proudly South African’s Black Friday guide.
The Living Lekker Locally video showcasing the very best of local goods can also be viewed here: https://youtu.be/VfTw3m70ON0. In addition, it can be viewed on Proudly SA’s website and YouTube channel as well.