Will celebrate the hard work and dedication of manufacturing companies in their combined 2022 Awards for Excellence Event
CAPE TOWN, South Africa: The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) and the Mining Equipment Manufacturers of South Africa (MEMSA) will celebrate the hard work and dedication of manufacturing companies in their combined 2022 Awards for Excellence Event.
MEMSA has partnered with SEIFSA to recognise excellence, with MEMSA focusing on manufacturers of equipment for the mining industry and SEIFSA recognising companies in the Metals and Engineering (M&E) sector that have displayed innovation, competitiveness, resilience and excellence.
“SEIFSA is calling on employers to have their achievements recognised by entering the Awards for Excellence Event which provides a platform to celebrate the achievements of companies that have thrived despite the many challenges we face at present, including the lingering effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and the ongoing constraints impacting on our sector,” says SEIFSA CEO Lucio Trentini.
“The MEMSA Manufacturing Excellence Awards will showcase South African manufacturers achieving excellence in manufacturing processes and the delivery of customised, quality service to the mining industry, while building local supply chains”, says Lehlohonolo Molloyi, MEMSA CEO.
The SEIFSA Award Categories are:
· Most Digitally Innovative Company Award recognises an enterprise using new technologies and demonstrating innovation in their approach to projects and/or its business;
· Most Transformed Company Award for the company that is most transformed in terms of ownership and the composition of its board of directors, executive management and managerial team, as well as skills development and enterprise development initiatives;
· The Best Customer Service Award for the company that receives the highest rating from its customers for its customer service;
· The Workplace Health and Safety Award acknowledges a company’s best-practice approaches and achievement in workplace health and safety;
· The Company Artisan Training Award for the company that has the highest activity in artisan training and development;
· The Corporate Social Responsibility Award for the company whose CSI project has made the biggest impact on the lives of its beneficiaries;
· The Environment Stewardship Award recognises a project in the M&E sector that exemplifies the practices of environmental stewardship;
· The Business Resilience Award for the company that has shown resilience, agility and adaptability in 2021/ 2020 and especially during the Covid-19 pandemic;
· The Young Entrepreneur Award for a business owned by a person 35 years or younger that has demonstrated growth for over two years and contributed to job creation in the industry; and
· The Businesswoman of the Year Award recognises a woman who runs a successful business in the M&E sector and who has contributed significantly to the development of sector.
The 2022 MEMSA Manufacturing Excellence Awards categories will assess customer service, strategic use of technology, building employees and re-industrialising South Africa in four categories:
- Customised Customer Service;
- Localised Supply Chain;
- Manufacturing Solutions; and
- MEMSA Member Manufacturer of the Year
The fourth category, MEMSA Member of the Year, is open to only MEMSA members and will be awarded to the company that has consistently and continuously improved their management, operations, health and safety, and environmental standards in supply to the mining sector during the year under review.
Companies wishing to show-case and share their achievements are invited to enter on-line, entries close on October 05 for MEMSA entries and 21 October for SEIFSA entries. The Awards Event will take place on 17 November 2022.