The Executive Mayor Dan Plato calls on public to vote for Cape Town and its 16 facilities nominated in World Travel Awards 2021
CAPE TOWN, South Africa: The Executive Mayor of City of Cape Town Dan Plato, is appealing to the public to vote for Cape Town city in World Travel Awards 2021, in addition to other South Africa’s 15 facilities that scooped nominations in the prestigious awards.
Voting for the World Travel Awards closes on 24 October and Cape Town is once again up for a host of awards, including the World’s Leading Festival & Event Destination 2021, a title it currently holds.
“Let’s make sure that our City retains this prestigious accolade that will help boost the local tourism sector’s recovery. I’m calling on all our residents to vote for Cape Town in the various categories as receiving these awards would be a significant accolade and will help boost our tourism and hospitality sector,” said Executive Mayor Plato.
With increased vaccinations and the easing of the national lockdown, he said, Cape Town is well-positioned to see a substantial recovery during the coming Summer season.
“The tourism sector is a key pillar of the local economy and we can help Cape Town remain front of mind for local and international visitors by winning these awards. It will reaffirm the appeal of Cape Town as a popular tourism destination and greatly assist in bringing back visitors. It’s time to vote for Cape Town,” said Executive Mayor Plato.
Additional Cape Town nominees in the 2021 World category are:
- Cape Town International Airport is once again up for World’s Leading Airline 2021
- Table Mountain for World’s Leading Tourist Attraction
- Cape Town as World’s Leading City Break Destination as well as World’s Leading City Destination,
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel for World’s Leading Luxury Hotel,
- Villa Two at Ellerman House in Bantry Bay for World’s Leading Luxury Hotel Villa,
- Lawhill Luxury Apartments at the V&A Waterfront for World’s Leading Serviced Apartments,
- Go2Africa in the Cape Town CBD for World’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator,
In other categories:
- Babylonstoren Hotel in Franschhoek for World’s Leading Resort Sensory Garden
- World’s leading low-cost airline cabin crew – Kulula and Mango
- South Africa as World’s Leading Destination
- South Africa is up for World’s Leading Safari Destination
To cast your vote, visit: https://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote
Voting for the Africa categories has closed and the winners will be announced soon.
Cape Town International Airport is also up for Africa’s Leading Airport, while Table Mountain, Robben Island and the V&A Waterfront are in the running for Africa’s Leading Tourist Attraction.
MEDIA OUTLET SYNOPSIS
Smart Africa Media is a pan-African online media convergence platform, developing to incorporate digital TV, ePaper and Podcast to amplify pro-development and success stories across Africa and the Diaspora, to inspire investment and growth.
The multimedia outlet is on the verge of cultivating smart partnerships, correspondences and audiences across Africa and the Diaspora, with a strong emphasis to deliver business and economic stories that are positive, constructive, and empowering.
Smart Africa Media is the proud Media Partner for the African Energy Chamber’s premier event African Energy Week 2021 in Cape Town, South Africa and collaborates with APO Group to distribute Africa related news content.
For Editorial and Business inquiries, please email: email@example.com